About the convention
Purpose of the convention
“To provide a program of Conventions and other Bible teaching activities, to encourage Christians and churches, in the Riverina and beyond, to recognise the power and strength of God’s word”.
"Our prayer for this year’s convention is our hearts and minds would be captivated with a big vision of Jesus as Lord and Saviour."
This years speaker
John and his wife Moya have served the Lord in a number of contexts, including teaching at Moore College in Sydney and pastoral ministry at Christ Church, St Ives. They have four adult children and quite a few grandchildren. John loves studying the Bible and sharing what he has learnt about the Lord Jesus Christ with others. This has led to writing a few books exploring 1 Samuel, 2 Samuel, 1 Kings, Colossians and Philemon. John and Moya are currently enjoying the fellowship of God’s people that meets at Auburn Anglican Church.
On Saturday afternoon following lunch there will be an opportunity to attend a workshop.
Please select a workshop when registering.
- Recruiting people to serve - growing your ministry one volunteer at a time. - Peter Blanch.
- SRE Professional Development with Generate - your compulsory annual PD plus some teaching strategies and updates all in one workshop! Cheryl Hallinan
- Creating a praying culture in your life and church. David Strong
- Preaching for the non-professional – lay preachers expounding God’s Word. John Woodhouse
- Telling the gospel story through your story - learn how to share the good news of Jesus through your own story in a compelling and thought-provoking way. Brenton & Melissa Kilby
- Biblical Leadership: It is essential for a modern world. Grant Bell